Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Ranjitha Kashyap <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/16 20:15:32 UTC

Deleting part files

I read that you can delete entire directory or files with proper file name,
but is it possible to remove files (like part*) in Oozie either with
<prepare> element or <fs> action?

Thanks,
Ranjitha

Re: Deleting part files

Posted by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Ranjitha,
These are the alternatives:=0AIn Oozie 3.2, you should be able to run most of the commands using Shell Action including this.
For pre-3.2, you have to write your own java action to execute any hadoop fs command.
Regards,
Mohammad

________________________________
Posted by Ranjitha Kashyap <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Deleting part files

Posted by Ben Flint <be...@gmail.com>.
Ranjitha,

Re: Deleting part files

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Ranjitha,

Currently, Oozie FS operations don't support wildcards. You'd have to
delete the directory containing the part-* files.

Thx

--
Alejandro

Re: Deleting part files