Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Alexis Sarda-Espinosa <sa...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/16 14:39:28 UTC

Savepoint restore mode for the Kubernetes operator

Hello,

Is there a recommended configuration for the restore mode of jobs managed
by the operator?

Since the documentation states that the operator keeps a savepoint history
to perform cleanup, I imagine restore mode should always be NO_CLAIM, but I
just want to confirm.

Regards,
Alexis.

Re: Savepoint restore mode for the Kubernetes operator

Posted by Alexis Sarda-Espinosa <sa...@gmail.com>.
Just to be clear, I don't think the operator must have special logic to
find out if a savepoint was used as base for an incremental checkpoint,
however, the operator logic might want to completely disable savepoint
cleanup for a deployment if the user enabled CLAIM mode for it. At least
that sounds like the safer option to me.

Regards,
Alexis.

Posted by Gyula Fóra <gy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexis Sarda-Espinosa <sa...@gmail.com>.