Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Andrew Carr <an...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/10 19:37:31 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 6.0.42

Has this issue been fixed?

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 6:01 AM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 30/09/2014 21:48, jean-frederic clere wrote:
> > The proposed Apache Tomcat 6.0.42 release is now available for voting.
> >
> > It can be obtained from:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-6/v6.0.42/
> >
> > The Maven staging repo is:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1023/
> > The svn tag is:
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc6.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_6_0_42/
> >
> > The proposed 6.0.42 release is:
> > [X] Broken - do not release
> > [ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 6.0.42 Stable
>
> The sslEnabledProtocols setting is broken for NIO which means it is not
> possible to mitigate POODLE for that connector.
>
> It isn't a regression as far as I can tell but I still think it is
> serious enough to warrant re-rolling the release after this has been fixed.
>
> Mark

With Regards,
Andrew Carr

e. andrewlanecarr@gmail.com
w. andrew.carr@openlogic.com
h. 4235255668
c. 4239489852
a. 101 Francis Drive, Greeneville, TN, 37743

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 6.0.42

Posted by Andrew Carr <an...@gmail.com>.
Chris,

Thanks for the update, and I understand about the .42 tag.  I am working
with a customer that has lots of Tomcat 6 servers and will not be upgrading
anytime soon.  Since this issue and others are fixed can we go ahead and
tag .43?  I want to help out, and Tomcat 6 seems like as good of a place to
start as any, as much as I would like to work on 8.  I wrote my own patch
for the NioEndpoint class, however, after reviewing revision 1637083
(markt) I realize it is not needed.  I see the other issues in 6 that are
stalled / needing resolution, is this where I should start?

My main goal is to start contributing to this project.  I have watched the
dev list for years but have yet to contribute anything substantial.  Any
guidance is appreciated.

My other motives are slightly selfish, getting a new version of 6 pushed
with the poodle mitigation issue resolved.

Thanks again for your response Chris.

-Andrew

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Andrew,