Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Slim Driss <dr...@usa.net> on 2000/03/12 18:24:13 UTC

Log file and Analog4.03

Hi,
I'm trying to use Analog 4.03 with Tomcat3.0. But Analog (freeware
software allowing to do statistics on your web server) required the log
file of the server. I've found the serverlog.txt on the tomcat folder
but when I open it, I've found only one line admin.port:5732 instead of
the different requests.
Thank you for your help,
--
Slim Driss
drissslim@usa.net

Re: Log file and Analog4.03

Posted by "Anil K. Vijendran" <An...@eng.sun.com>.
Slim,

You should upgrade to Tomcat 3.1. It has both logging support as well as some
new features.

Slim Driss wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to use Analog 4.03 with Tomcat3.0. But Analog (freeware
> software allowing to do statistics on your web server) required the log
> file of the server. I've found the serverlog.txt on the tomcat folder
> but when I open it, I've found only one line admin.port:5732 instead of
> the different requests.
> Thank you for your help,
> --
> Slim Driss
> drissslim@usa.net
> http://members.tripod.com/drissslim
> Université Laval
> Faculté des sciences de l'administration
> Département des systèmes d'information organisationnels

Peace, Anil +<:-)

Re: Log file and Analog4.03

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cm...@mytownnet.com>.
Slim Driss wrote:

> I think there isn't a log file support in the Tomcat3.0 version!

This is true when you run Tomcat stand-alone, but not true when you run it
connected to Apache.  In the latter case, Apache's access log tracks requests
for servlet/JSP generated pages just as it does for static HTML pages.

Craig McClanahan

Re: Log file and Analog4.03

Posted by Slim Driss <dr...@usa.net>.