Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org> on 2022/03/01 13:25:10 UTC

Preparation status of the 3.0.1 release

Hi everyone,

As discussed in [1], I'd like to publish the 3.0.1 release based on
branch-3.0 soon,
which mainly focuses on addressing the Log4Shell vulnerabilities.

I've created all CI jobs which are required to that release,
but some of the CI nodes are currently blacklisted from the ASF sites.
Luca has already asked the ASF Infra to remove that restriction [2],
but they still seem to be banned as of now.

Once they become available again, I'm going to start the release process.
(but it will take a few weeks due to long build/test/transfer time, as
usual)
So let me know if there are any fixes that you'd like to include into it.

[1]: https://lists.apache.org/thread/vor809oqqcjxso98nxrml5s3lthrlws5
[2]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-3644#comment-17498543

Kengo Seki <sekikn@ <se...@gmail.com>apache.org>

Re: Preparation status of the 3.0.1 release

Posted by Yuqi Gu <gu...@apache.org>.
Hi Kengo,

'bigtop-ambari-mpack' works with Ambari 2.7.5 installed via Bigtop 1.5, not
via Bigtop-3.0.

I'd like to start to work on it and add the Mpack Bigtop-3.0 support on the
next minor release.

Please help to reflect the related info to this release note, thanks. :-)

BRs,
Yuqi

Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org> 于2022年3月3日周四 07:19写道:

Posted by Yuqi Gu <gu...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the above clarification.
And the default repo url with installed Mpack is Bigtop-1.5.0-release:
https://github.com/apache/bigtop/blob/master/bigtop-packages/src/common/bigtop-ambari-mpack/bgtp-ambari-mpack/src/main/resources/stacks/BGTP/1.0/repos/repoinfo.xml#L21

BRs,
Yuqi

Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org> 于2022年3月4日周五 08:21写道:

Posted by 李帅 <li...@gmail.com>.
Ambari is not easy to maintain for its technology stack. But it will be a
good choice for bigtopers
to deploy and monitor their components.I think we need a *web app
(Ambari-like)* to operate hadoop and
improve bigtop's user experience.
*Maybe we can refactor Ambari to work well with bigtop components. *

Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org> 于2022年4月1日周五 15:20写道:

Posted by Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org>.
Hi Michiel,

Posted by Michiel Verheul <ch...@gmail.com>.