Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/19 00:55:40 UTC

NOTICE: hbase-2.2.1, 2.1.6 and 2.0.6 have a bug may cause data loss

Only 2.2.1, 2.1.6 and 2.0.6 are effected. Earlier releases are fine. Please
avoid downloading these releases. If you already running these versions in
your cluster, please use splitormerge_switch to disable region merge
now. See HBASE-23044 for more details.

Need to rolling new release for branch-2.1 and branch-2.2 line. Ping @stack
for branch-2.0, do we need a more release 2.0.7?

Thanks
Guanghao Zhang

Re: NOTICE: hbase-2.2.1, 2.1.6 and 2.0.6 have a bug may cause data loss

Posted by Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com>.

> Either we call merge manually, or the region normalizer is enabled?

Got it. I found this because I use hbck2 to fixMeta overlap many times.
fixMeta overlap will call merge manually.

张铎(Duo Zhang) <pa...@gmail.com> 于2019年9月19日周四 上午11:04写道:

Posted by Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.
I'm scheduled to remove 2.0 related materials tomorrow, so I'd really
like us to avoid restarting that clock.

As far as known issues, just make sure the affected version(s) include
2.0.6 and call it a day.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.