Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/30 17:52:35 UTC

[PROPOSAL] README.md files instead of README.txt

Hi

What do you think about README files in markdown format for new README files and successive migration of the old files?
I think, it's better readable on Github mirrors used usually by the most contributors.

Regards
Krzysztof

--
Krzysztof Sobkowiak

JEE & OSS Architect
Apache Software Foundation Member
Apache ServiceMix <http://servicemix.apache.org/> Committer & PMC chair
Senior Solution Architect @ Capgemini SSC <http://www.pl.capgemini-sdm.com/en/>

Re: [PROPOSAL] README.md files instead of README.txt

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

in that case I'd move to adoc, oth. for the README that doesn't really
matter a lot, but it would be nice to be consistent

regards, Achim

> Eventually we could use the README.adoc in Asciidoc format. We already
> plan to migrate the documentation to Asciidoc.
>
> On 30.04.2015 17:52, Krzysztof Sobkowiak wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > What do you think about README files in markdown format for new README
> files and successive migration of the old files?
> > I think, it's better readable on Github mirrors used usually by the most
> contributors.
> >
> > Regards
> > Krzysztof
> >

> --
> Krzysztof Sobkowiak
>
> JEE & OSS Architect
> Apache Software Foundation Member
> Apache ServiceMix <http://servicemix.apache.org/> Committer & PMC chair
> Senior Solution Architect @ Capgemini SSC <
> http://www.pl.capgemini-sdm.com/en/>

--

Apache Member
Project Lead

Re: [PROPOSAL] README.md files instead of README.txt

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.