Posted to users@camel.apache.org by kaiser75 <gv...@yahoo.com> on 2016/12/06 00:43:30 UTC

Rabbitmq URI

I was going through the documentation for  rabbitmq: component.

Where can I send the queue name as a parameter in the URI?

When I tried  this <to
uri="rabbitmq://localhost:5672/orders.error?connectionFactory=#customConnectionFactory"
						pattern="InOnly" />

where orders.error is the name of the queue , a random queue with a UUID as
a name is created.  How do I route my message to the a named queue.

Re: Rabbitmq URI

Posted by souciance <so...@gmail.com>.
I can send you samples  once I am at work.

Re: Rabbitmq URI

Posted by souciance <so...@gmail.com>.
If you are trying to send to a rabbitmq exchange you can pass parameters
like this:

setHeader("rabbitmq.ROUTING_KEY", constant("yourroutingkey")))
Basically they are set as headers. The headers are available on the
documentation. You need to set them before the actual .to() part.

Re: Rabbitmq URI

Posted by kaiser75 <gv...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Rabbitmq URI

Posted by souciance <so...@gmail.com>.
You can do that but I don't think that is the recommend way because it will
probably only work for the default exchange and not the others as they
require a binding.

Re: Rabbitmq URI

Re: Rabbitmq URI

Posted by souciance <so...@gmail.com>.
I would imagine that random queue is the reply-to queue generated because
you are trying to send to an exchange and expect a response. I see you have
set the pattern to InOnly but normally I set the exchange pattern at route
level. By the way have you checked that the routingkey you are using to
send matches the binding on that echange`? I.e. the binding is for that
queue you want to send to.