Posted to modproxy-dev@apache.org by Gidon Wise <gi...@gidon.com> on 2001/05/02 08:55:22 UTC

Re: Overriding base config setting for cacheroot in apache_1.3.*

Hi Guys,

Currently it is impossible to override
a CacheRoot parameter to make it NULL if the
base parameter is NON NULL.

I will fix this, but I'd like to fix it in a way
that others can use. What is the proper convention
for overriding a config option from Non NULL to NULL?

The code for what I'm talking about is here:
In file mod_proxy.c in function merge_proxy_config
  ps->cache.root =                     \
     (overrides->cache.root == NULL) ? \
        base->cache.root :             \
        overrides->cache.root;

Gidon

Re: Overriding base config setting for cacheroot in apache_1.3.*

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Gidon Wise wrote:

> Currently it is impossible to override
> a CacheRoot parameter to make it NULL if the
> base parameter is NON NULL.
>
> I will fix this, but I'd like to fix it in a way
> that others can use. What is the proper convention
> for overriding a config option from Non NULL to NULL?
>
> The code for what I'm talking about is here:
> In file mod_proxy.c in function merge_proxy_config
>   ps->cache.root =                     \
>      (overrides->cache.root == NULL) ? \
>         base->cache.root :             \
>         overrides->cache.root;

Make it so that the option can be set to some value, like "off", and if
the overriding cache definition contains "off" it should be set to NULL.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street