Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Jacob Lund <ja...@qualiware.com> on 2002/05/30 10:49:38 UTC

Unlocking a resource

Hi all!

If I want to unlock a resource in slide then I need the lock-token, but
is it also required that the user logged on is the same as the one who
locked the resource!

Can anyone tell me what WebDAV and ACL says about this situation!

/Jacob

Re: Unlocking a resource

Posted by Stefan Eissing <st...@greenbytes.de>.
Am Donnerstag den, 30. Mai 2002, um 10:49, schrieb Jacob Lund:

> Hi all!
>
> If I want to unlock a resource in slide then I need the lock-token, but
> is it also required that the user logged on is the same as the one who
> locked the resource!
>
> Can anyone tell me what WebDAV and ACL says about this situation!

RFC 2518 is silent on this issue and it is left up to the server.
Some implementations require the same user, others just require
the lock token.

The latest ACL draft now has a (DAV:,unlock) privilege and a
server can announce who is allowed to unlock a resource.

//Stefan