Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Rishabh Bhardwaj <rb...@yahoo.com> on 2014/06/26 10:41:14 UTC

Hive metastore error

HI all,
I have changed my hive metastore to mysql using the steps described here

http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CDH4/4.2.0/CDH4-Installation-Guide/cdh4ig_topic_18_4.html

Now when I am running any hive command on cli like show databases or show tables , It gives me the following error:

FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask. java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient

This is related to hive metastore only.
Can anyone please help me out with this.

Thanks,
Rishabh

Re: Hive metastore error

Posted by Rishabh Bhardwaj <rb...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you all for your concern.I found the problem.It was while setting up the mysql metastore.

On Friday, 27 June 2014 6:05 PM, Nagarjuna Vissarapu <na...@gmail.com> wrote:

can u please attach hive-site.xml file.

--
With Thanks & Regards
Nagarjuna Vissarapu

Re: Hive metastore error

Posted by Nagarjuna Vissarapu <na...@gmail.com>.

--
With Thanks & Regards
Nagarjuna Vissarapu

Re: Hive metastore error

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
is your hive metastore service running ?

--
Nitin Pawar