Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@apache.org> on 2014/09/20 23:11:30 UTC

--queue as an input parameter

Currently, the queue to submit an application is defined in
slider-client.xml. It is possible that the same deployment of slider-client
can be used to submit to different queues.

We can add --queue as a parameter where the value will override the default
in slider-client.xml.

Going further, the queue value can also be persisted in "internal.json"
file in HDFS for future starts after stops.

If we go the above route, should we also allow over-riding the stored value
of queue when issuing a start. I am thinking of scenarios where queue
configuration might have changed and application need to be restarted with
a different queue.

-Sumit

Re: --queue as an input parameter

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
bq. add --queue as a parameter where the value will override the default in
slider-client.xml

+1

Posted by Jon Maron <jm...@hortonworks.com>.
On Sep 20, 2014, at 5:26 PM, Sumit Mohanty <su...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually, update may not be a bad idea.
>
> Do we allow any updates today to configs internal/appConfig/resources?

I know we allow for appConfig updates - I’ve done so to update the app master jvm.opts value.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: --queue as an input parameter

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <su...@gmail.com>.