Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by sanjay paithankar <ca...@yahoo.com> on 2005/03/01 09:57:07 UTC

taglib : unable to find setter method for attribute

Hello Team,

I am facing a problem in taglib

Initally I was using JSDK 1.4.2_05 for compiling and
running my application everythign was running very
fine , now the JRE & JDK change to 1.4.2_07 and
suddenly it starts giving me error saying "unable to
find setter method for attribute "

I am using tomcat 4.1.29

Please let em know if anyone already have any idea
about this

-Sanjay

Methode defined in the Java file are

    private int seconds = -1;

    public void setPoll(int seconds) {
        this.seconds= seconds;
    }

    public int getPoll(int seconds) {
       return this.seconds;
    }

and whiel defining the taglib

<!-- InitAutoRefreshTag -->
  <!-- Tag to initialize the auto-refresh related
components -->
  <tag>
    <name>InitAutoRefresh</name>
    <tag-class>calss name </tag-class>
    <description>
      Writes out the JavaScript logic to initialize
auto-refresh when the page loads.
    </description>
    <attribute>
      <name>poll</name>
      <!-- The polling interval in seconds.  This is
how often the web-server is polled to update the
status and values. Default is 3 seconds.  -->
      <required>false</required>
      <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
    </attribute>
  </tag>

And the error given is as follows

Jasper exception : unable to find setter method for
attribute "poll"