Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Vincent Nonnenmacher <vi...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/11 18:56:03 UTC

About SQS deletion of Message (or policy?)

I have a complex routing system using Camel and I want to pull message from
an AWS-SQS queue
into it. but I would like to control the deletion of message at the end of
all the routes process.

I don't have a way to control how my message flow goes 'outside' a series
of routes and processing
so I don't see like I could use a Policy on that SQS endpoint.

Do you have a better suggestion beside caching Message Receipt handles in a
collection and then grab the AWS Client and do the deletion myself from
that collection when I consider the message to be safe to delete from the
queue ?

Regards

Re: About SQS deletion of Message (or policy?)

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Just another thought,  you can consider to inject a new Synchronization
which deletes the message as you want by using the Policy API.
You can find an example here[1]
[1]http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/components/camel-spring-security/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/component/spring/security/SpringSecurityAuthorizationPolicy.java

--
Willem

Re: About SQS deletion of Message (or policy?)

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi

--
Willem