Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by madhavan kumar <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/12 17:22:19 UTC

Does kafka use sbt (or) gradle

dear all,
  i am new to kafka. And when i try to set up kafka source code on my
lappie, github's readme points to gradle whereas kafka Quick start
Documentation talks about scala build tool sbt @
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+0.8+Quick+Start
which one is kafka using to compile & install its scala source code, sbt
(or) gradle?

thanks,
saravana

Re: Does kafka use sbt (or) gradle

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.
I think the problem is that google was giving people that obsolete wiki
page rather than the real quickstart. I deleted the wiki page and linked
the quickstart on the main page.

-Jay

Posted by Sharat Joshi <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kafka Camus Users,

I have a quick question on the capabilities of Camus consumption.

We have a scenario wherein we want to consume data from two

independent Broker/Zk Clusters on two different Data Centers.

Both of these Broker clusters have the same named topic.

Our Camus Job running on a common data center.

Is it possible to specify to the Camus job to consume from both DC Brokers ?

Or will it have issues as the offsets supplied by the corresponding Zks
might collide.

Thanks,

Sharat

Re: Does kafka use sbt (or) gradle

Posted by Mark Reddy <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Saravana,

Posted by Manikumar Reddy <ku...@nmsworks.co.in>.
Kafka migrated to gradle. Pl follow the README instructions.