Posted to user@struts.apache.org by B Manikandan <ma...@wipro.com> on 2001/12/11 13:34:01 UTC

Urgent - Displaying multiple JSP's for a single action without a frame

Hi,

  In my application,the JSP has lot of fields.And when I try to execute
the JSP,I get the following error.
java.lang.VerifyError: (class: jsp_servlet/_jsp/_groupsNew, method:
_jspService signature: (Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServ
letRequest;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletResponse;)V) Illegal target of

jump or branch
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createServlet(ServletStubImpl.java

:653)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createInstances(ServletStubImpl.ja

va:625)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubImpl.jav

a:573)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspStub.prepareServlet(JspStub.java:192)

        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.getServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:29

5)
        at

:204)
        at

:244)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImp

l.java:149)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionForward(ActionServlet.ja

va:1758)
        at
com.mizuho.rdw.common.ControlServlet.process(ControlServlet.java:197)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:491)
        at

:208)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletCo

ntext.java:1127)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java

:1529)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)

I found from struts mail archives that this might be due to JSP size
exceeding 64K size.So can I split my JSP and display it without using
frames.I guess struts does not provide a feature to include multiple
JSP's in a forward. Is there a solution...

Mani

Re: Urgent - Displaying multiple JSP's for a single action without a frame

Posted by Krishnamoorthy <ck...@india.hp.com>.
Hi,
  I think this must have been happened, because of some problem with the .class
or .jar files
Also, just in case, you should never put resin.jar or a servlet.jar in a
WEB-INF/lib.
This "VerifyError" will be thrown when the "verifier" detects that a class file,
though well formed, contains some sort of internal inconsistency or security
problem
check it up.
Thanks
Kicha

--    H  P    --
-  i  n  v  e  n  t  -
https://ecardfile.com/id/kicha

Re: Urgent - Displaying multiple JSP's for a single action without a frame

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@yahoo.com>.
How about making one JSP which includes two smaller halves via jsp:include?

<jsp:include page="firsthalf.jsp"/>
<jsp:include page="secondhalf.jsp"/>

Of course, all of the tags having to do with a form have to be in one of the
JSPs; you can't break it across two independent JSPs.

We've used Struts's template tag library to help break up our screens into
multiple smaller JSPs; you could also try this approach to help cut up your
JSP into smaller logical pieces, yet include them all together in one JSP.

Sean

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>