Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by "Raj@nih" <yr...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/04 15:16:23 UTC

How to debug SA in eclipse

hi,
I made tow SU servicemix bean and jms consumer and its working.
I want to debug the project in eclipse and I set up everything as the docs
says.
But the problem is the debugg workflow doesn't go through the bean.
I mean I can see my jms client program steps puhsing the message to the
queue and echo back form bean in inout exchage.
Can we trace the NMR flow in the eclipse too or is it something that happens
internally.
Regards,
Yogaraj

Re: How to debug SA in eclipse

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
See http://cwiki.apache.org/SM/integration-testing-in-spring.html
(sorry, I should have paste this link first).

On 10/5/07, Raj@nih <yr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using 3.2 only.I am new to the servicemix.so please can you elaborate a
> little more what i need to do with this files.
> I want to trace all the steps from my jms consumer through bean and see the
> flow of control.
> I am able to push message to the queues with my jms client program
> jms consumer receivers it sends to NMR and beans listens it and send the
> echo back as described in
>
>   Inout MEPs.I am not sure if I can trace all this things too.so please
> respond how should I proceed am kinda stuck.
> Regards,
> Raj
>
> gnodet wrote:
> >
> > FWIW, James recently added support for building unit tests involving
> > components and service assemblies. See [1] and [2], but this is only
> > available with the coming 3.2.
> >
> > [1]
> > http://fisheye6.cenqua.com/browse/servicemix/trunk/samples/bridge/bridge-sa-itest/src/test/resources/integrationTest.xml?r=579503
> > [2]
> > http://fisheye6.cenqua.com/browse/servicemix/trunk/samples/bridge/bridge-sa-itest/src/test/java/org/apache/servicemix/test/IntegrationTest.java?r=579503
> >
> > On 10/4/07, Raj@nih <yr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> hi,
> >> I made tow SU servicemix bean and jms consumer and its working.
> >> I want to debug the project in eclipse and I set up everything as the
> >> docs
> >> says.
> >> But the problem is the debugg workflow doesn't go through the bean.
> >> I mean I can see my jms client program steps puhsing the message to the
> >> queue and echo back form bean in inout exchage.
> >> Can we trace the NMR flow in the eclipse too or is it something that
> >> happens
> >> internally.
> >> Regards,
> >> Yogaraj
> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Guillaume Nodet

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: How to debug SA in eclipse

Posted by "Raj@nih" <yr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: How to debug SA in eclipse

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
FWIW, James recently added support for building unit tests involving
components and service assemblies. See [1] and [2], but this is only
available with the coming 3.2.

[1] http://fisheye6.cenqua.com/browse/servicemix/trunk/samples/bridge/bridge-sa-itest/src/test/resources/integrationTest.xml?r=579503
[2] http://fisheye6.cenqua.com/browse/servicemix/trunk/samples/bridge/bridge-sa-itest/src/test/java/org/apache/servicemix/test/IntegrationTest.java?r=579503

On 10/4/07, Raj@nih <yr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
> I made tow SU servicemix bean and jms consumer and its working.
> I want to debug the project in eclipse and I set up everything as the docs
> says.
> But the problem is the debugg workflow doesn't go through the bean.
> I mean I can see my jms client program steps puhsing the message to the
> queue and echo back form bean in inout exchage.
> Can we trace the NMR flow in the eclipse too or is it something that happens
> internally.
> Regards,
> Yogaraj

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: How to debug SA in eclipse

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Raj,

In your debug configuration (Debug -> Open debug dialog...) in Eclipse,
you can choose which projects to include in the debug.  So if you want
to debug in multiple SU, you probably need to add more projects there.

If you add the servicemix components as a project to your workspace
(after generating eclipse projects by running mvn eclipse:eclipse), you
can add them to the debug configuration and step through the internal
servicemix code just as you would step through your own bean code.

Gert

Re: How to debug SA in eclipse

Posted by "Raj@nih" <yr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: How to debug SA in eclipse

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Raj,

Raj@nih wrote:
> hi,
> i still can't add serviemix server to eclipse
> can u tell me the exact steps in eclipse europa or myeclispe
> raj
>
> Zhurakousky, Oleg wrote:
>
>> If you want to debug or step through the code of the actual Service Mix,
>> then the links to the documents that you have provided describe exactly
>> what you need to do. I am not sure there is more to add.
>> I used the same documentation last week to setup myself with ServiceMix
>> source environment and had no issues.

>>> Regards,

RE: How to debug SA in eclipse

Posted by "Raj@nih" <yr...@gmail.com>.
hi,

RE: How to debug SA in eclipse

Zhurakousky, Oleg wrote:

> Here it is again:
> http://open.iona.com/wiki/display/ProdInfo/FUSE+Eclipse+Tools
>
> Once you go through the steps in the link above all the necessary
> plug-ins will be installed.
>
> To configure a server (make sure you go through steps above first):
> 1. Open up a Server View inside of Eclipse --> Right Click anywhere in
> the view --> New --> Server --> Apache --> SrviceMix and follow the
> directions.
> 2. Once done you'll see two options "Start" or "Start in debug". If
> server is started in debug mode, and breakpoints are setup in your SUs
> the debugger will stop at breakpoints
>
> You might also want to read some of the Eclipse documentation on how
> setup various Eclipse environments since the process I described above
> is not any different then setting up for JBoss, Fuse, BEA, Wewbsphere
or
> any other server.
> oleg

>>> internally.
>>> Regards,

RE: How to debug SA in eclipse

Posted by "Raj@nih" <yr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Zhurakousky, Oleg wrote:

> Here it is again:
> http://open.iona.com/wiki/display/ProdInfo/FUSE+Eclipse+Tools
>
> Once you go through the steps in the link above all the necessary
> plug-ins will be installed.
>
> To configure a server (make sure you go through steps above first):
> 1. Open up a Server View inside of Eclipse --> Right Click anywhere in
> the view --> New --> Server --> Apache --> SrviceMix and follow the
> directions.
> 2. Once done you'll see two options "Start" or "Start in debug". If
> server is started in debug mode, and breakpoints are setup in your SUs
> the debugger will stop at breakpoints
>
> You might also want to read some of the Eclipse documentation on how to
> setup various Eclipse environments since the process I described above
> is not any different then setting up for JBoss, Fuse, BEA, Wewbsphere or
> any other server.
> oleg

>>> internally.
>>> Regards,

RE: How to debug SA in eclipse

Posted by "Zhurakousky, Oleg" <Ol...@unisys.com>.
The error is obvious, you have some other process taking port 1099.
There were earlier posts regarding this. Find out which process is
taking the port by doing the following:
If you running Windows do:
>netstat -ano
If you running Linux do:
>netstat -lntp

Kill that process that holding port 1099 and restart your server.

You can also go to conf/servicemix.properties file and change the port
to a different value.
Oleg

Posted by "Raj@nih" <yr...@gmail.com>.
I am using Eclipse Europa
[...]

org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1171)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:425)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:251)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:156)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:248)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:160)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:284)
	at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:352)
	at
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:161)
	at
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:51)
	at org.apache.servicemix.Main.main(Main.java:51)
	at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchStandard(Launcher.java:410)
	at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:344)
	at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:461)
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at
sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createServerSocket(Unknown
Source)
	at
sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createServerSocket(Unknown

RE: How to debug SA in eclipse

Posted by "Zhurakousky, Oleg" <Ol...@unisys.com>.
C'mon . . . does it produce any error/exception? Anything in the logs?
Coul'd you please be more specific about these issues (version of
Eclipse, JVM etc.)?

> Finally I am able to start eclipse in debug mode
> but it is giving some errors
> does it work for servicemix version 3.1.1 only
> I am using version 3.1.2
> Is this version issue  or something else
>
> it starts and stops inbetween
> is there any environment setup for this fix
> Regards,
> Raj
>

> Zhurakousky, Oleg wrote:
>>
>> You won't see the server until you configure one
>>> 1. Open up a Server View inside of Eclipse --> Right Click anywhere
> in
>>
>>> the view --> New --> Server --> Apache --> SrviceMix and follow the
>>> directions.

>>> Regards,

RE: How to debug SA in eclipse

Posted by "Raj@nih" <yr...@gmail.com>.

Zhurakousky, Oleg wrote:

> What errors?

>>> Regards,

RE: How to debug SA in eclipse

Posted by "Zhurakousky, Oleg" <Ol...@unisys.com>.
What errors?

RE: How to debug SA in eclipse

Posted by "Raj@nih" <yr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Oleg,

RE: How to debug SA in eclipse

Posted by "Zhurakousky, Oleg" <Ol...@unisys.com>.

Zhurakousky, Oleg wrote:

> Here it is again:
> http://open.iona.com/wiki/display/ProdInfo/FUSE+Eclipse+Tools
>
> Once you go through the steps in the link above all the necessary
> plug-ins will be installed.
>
> To configure a server (make sure you go through steps above first):
> 1. Open up a Server View inside of Eclipse --> Right Click anywhere in
> the view --> New --> Server --> Apache --> SrviceMix and follow the
> directions.
> 2. Once done you'll see two options "Start" or "Start in debug". If
> server is started in debug mode, and breakpoints are setup in your SUs
> the debugger will stop at breakpoints
>
> You might also want to read some of the Eclipse documentation on how
> setup various Eclipse environments since the process I described above
> is not any different then setting up for JBoss, Fuse, BEA, Wewbsphere
or
> any other server.
> oleg

>>> internally.
>>> Regards,

RE: How to debug SA in eclipse

Posted by "Raj@nih" <yr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Zhurakousky, Oleg wrote:

> Here it is again:
> http://open.iona.com/wiki/display/ProdInfo/FUSE+Eclipse+Tools
>
> Once you go through the steps in the link above all the necessary
> plug-ins will be installed.
>
> To configure a server (make sure you go through steps above first):
> 1. Open up a Server View inside of Eclipse --> Right Click anywhere in
> the view --> New --> Server --> Apache --> SrviceMix and follow the
> directions.
> 2. Once done you'll see two options "Start" or "Start in debug". If
> server is started in debug mode, and breakpoints are setup in your SUs
> the debugger will stop at breakpoints
>
> You might also want to read some of the Eclipse documentation on how to
> setup various Eclipse environments since the process I described above
> is not any different then setting up for JBoss, Fuse, BEA, Wewbsphere or
> any other server.
> oleg

>>> internally.
>>> Regards,