Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/16 19:50:35 UTC

Survey: JMeter OS/JVM platform usage

What OS/Java platforms are being used with JMeter?

==

If you use JMeter, I would appreciate it if you could provide details
of the OS/Java platforms that you use, as well as the JMeter version.

If you use any add-ons (not in the JMeter release) that would be
interesting to know too.

For example at work we use:

JMeter 2.0.3
+ home-grown sampler (using TCP)

Platforms:

WinXP + JVM 1.4
Alpha VMS 7.3 + JVM 1.4

==

Hopefully we can get an idea of the range of platforms being used, as
well as some idea of the relative numbers of installations.

If you don't want to reply to the list, you can reply directly to me.
I'll correlate the replies and post a summary later.

Thanks!

Re: Survey: JMeter OS/JVM platform usage

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
windows 2K, XP
jdk 1.4.2, 1.5.0

fedora core 2
jrockit 1.5
ibm jdk1.4.2
sun jdk 1.4.2

solaris 8
sun jdk

peter

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
JMeter from CVS

Posted by Joshua Auerbach <jo...@dealer.com>.
jmeter 2.0.3, windows xp pro, java 1.4

Posted by Vinod Panicker <vi...@gmail.com>.
JMeter 2.0.3
Home grown Sampler (Based on TCP)

Platforms

Fedora Core 3 64-bit
Windows XP
Windows 2000
Windows 2003
JDK 1.5

Regards,
Vinod.

Re: AW: Survey: JMeter OS/JVM platform usage

Posted by Buhi Mume <mu...@gmail.com>.
JMeter 2.1.20050705 (from CVS)

Ubuntu Hoary 5.04 + J2SDK 1.4.2_06

Buhi

Re: AW: AW: AW: Survey: JMeter OS/JVM platform usage

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
I posted a message to jmeter-dev a few weeks back about reporting tool
for jmeter. I guess now is as good of time as any to let others know.
I am currently working on a reporting tool for jmeter.

I have a need for test and report automation, so I am writing a new
GUI to design reports and an engine that can run in GUI or console
mode for generating the reports. Right now, my feature list is the
following. Keep in mind, there's no gaurantee this will be the final
thing, but they are on my list.

1. new gui for designing reports
2. run in GUI or console mode
3. report plan - may contain 1 or more report pages
4. report page - may contain 1 or more charts or tables with
statistics like the aggregate listener
5. report header/footer - so users can point to a server side include
like .shtml or paste in the HTML directly
6. stylesheet - a link to the stylesheet
7. report writers - initially I plan to write HTML and Text report writer
8. charts - simple bar graphs
9. tables - simple table similar to aggregate listener
10. be able to process multiple files
11. be able to aggregate multiple files

I don't know how many features I'll be able to implement, but that's
my goal at the moment.

peter lin

AW: AW: AW: AW: Survey: JMeter OS/JVM platform usage

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Well, our average seems to be about 6 mo - 1 year between major
releases.

-Mike

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.

Posted by Christian Baumgartner <ch...@tiscover.com>.

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.

Posted by Christian Baumgartner <ch...@tiscover.com>.

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sky Splawn <ss...@hrlogix.com>.
JMeter 2.0.3

OSX 10.3  JVM 1.4  this version of osx can only run jvm 1.4  : (
WinXP JVM 1.5

On Aug 16, 2005, at 6:09 PM, Lewis Francis wrote:

> JMeter 2.0.3
>
> OS X.4x & JVM 1.4x
> WinXPSP2 & JVM 1.4x
>
> On Aug 16, 2005, at 1:50 PM, sebb wrote:
>

>> What OS/Java platforms are being used with JMeter?
>>

> --
> filtered by: Lewis Francis
> @ 703.855.6995 http://www.informationgift.com/

Sky Splawn
HRLogix L.L.C.
Recruiting Management Technologies
(405) 330-6445 x 101
(405) 274-2130
(877) 371-4163 fax
www.hrlogix.com
HRLogix ranked “Top 10” by Workforce Magazine
HRLogix selected by Gaming & Leisure Magazine for “Product Spotlight”

RE: SPAM-LOW: Re: Survey: JMeter OS/JVM platform usage

Posted by Manish Mathuria <mm...@infostretch.com>.
JMeter  2.0.3 JVM 1.4x windows XP (with remote testing)
We are using SOAP sampler

---
Manish Mathuria
InfoStretch Corporation (www.infostretch.com)
(510) 673 6197 (Cell)
(408) 200 7450 (Work)

Posted by Lewis Francis <le...@lewisfrancis.com>.
JMeter 2.0.3

OS X.4x & JVM 1.4x
WinXPSP2 & JVM 1.4x

On Aug 16, 2005, at 1:50 PM, sebb wrote:

> What OS/Java platforms are being used with JMeter?

--
filtered by: Lewis Francis
@ 703.855.6995 http://www.informationgift.com/

RE Survey: JMeter OS/JVM platform usage