Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by flytoarun <fl...@yahoo.com> on 2008/08/17 20:36:54 UTC

How to change Default URL to point to my application index.html page

Hi All,

I am using tomcat 5 version and my application's default page is www.domain.com\myDir\index.html which works fine when i enter full path however when i enter www.domain.com then the tomcat default server page opens. I want to change this default page by my application index.html (Default page).

Can some one help me.

I have tried few things but didn't work. Like adding entries in server.xml and web.xml

Thanks in advance.

Re: How to change Default URL to point to my application index.html page

Posted by Ken Bowen <kb...@als.com>.
If you are uploading your application (myapp) to Tomcat's webapps
folder as a war (myapp.war), do two things:
1.  Delete webapps/ROOT ;
2.  Rename myapp.war to ROOT.war  (case is important), and then upload
it to webapps.

Posted by Guojun Zhu <zg...@gmail.com>.
I am sorry.  If there is no ROOT.xml, Tomcat will use the default and you
just need to do as Ken said.  Or you can create the ROOT.xml in the
$Catalina.home/conf/Catalina/(your host)/ROOT.xml.  Put <Context path=""
docBase="${catalina.home}/webapps/(your application path)"/> in the file.

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Guojun Zhu wrote:
> you can change the $Catalina.home/conf/Catalina/(your host)/ROOT.xml file to
> direct to your webapp path instead of the ROOT.

Or, if I have correctly understood many previous posts to this forum,
you can delete the ROOT default application and put yours there instead.
A guru here can confirm that, I suppose.

Re: How to change Default URL to point to my application index.html page

Posted by flytoarun <fl...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Guojun,

Posted by Guojun Zhu <zg...@gmail.com>.