Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ce...@yahoo.com on 2009/03/24 05:12:12 UTC

Dojo plugin deprecated on Struts 2.1: why ?

hi,
I just read that the Dojo plugin will be deprecated on Struts 2.1

http://struts.apache.org/2.1.6/docs/ajax-tags.html

I have two main questions about that :
1) What is the reason ? Is it because it is slow ?
2) Will it be replaced by another Javascript library ?

Please let us know.
Thanks

Re: Dojo plugin deprecated on Struts 2.1: why ?

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
2009/3/24  <ce...@yahoo.com>:
> I have two main questions about that :
> 1) What is the reason ? Is it because it is slow ?

Not enough support from community and no plans to upgrade to latest
Dojo version (no volunteers)

> 2) Will it be replaced by another Javascript library ?

Not replacement, but a new plugin, there is a work in progress for
JQuery integration

Regards
--
Lukasz
http://www.lenart.org.pl/

RE: Dojo plugin deprecated on Struts 2.1: why ?

Posted by Muthu Velappan <mu...@aspiresys.com>.
I'm not sure on the reason for deprecation. From the recent post, I
understand that JQuery has replaced DOJO...

~Muthu