Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by lee heng hock <xi...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/20 14:24:18 UTC

problem with examples

HI,
I am a newbie to Velocity...

I installed the velocity-1.4 version to my unix system. after building
evrything using ant...i oso "ant examples" successfully.

I attempted to run the examples but they keep having problems.. for
e.g. after going to app_example1 folder..i tried running the example
by typing "example.vm" or "example.sh "...both gave "Permission
denied" problem...

Can anyone help?

Thank you
David Lee

RE: problem with examples

Posted by "Reynolds, Ryan M" <Ry...@qwest.com>.
Am not sure if this helps, but I believe you need to deploy the applications on a J2EE server like weblogic, JBOSS or a Tomcat webserver.

I am sure someone else may have a good place to point you for deploying the examples.

Another option is to create a project in Eclipse and then use JUNIT to test them.

Ryan