Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Messing, Elad" <el...@eml-d.villa-bosch.de> on 2005/06/27 14:57:18 UTC

Smart Logging of application running above Cocoon

Hello All
	I have a web application built on top of Cocoon, and would like
to introduce Logging for the sake of statistics.
	This means logging the users behavior for better understanding
of their needs, and also as a commercial benefit.

	I thought of some different solutions for this "Smart Logging"
need :
	1. Using Apache logs to log the URL's and than analyze them.
Good for Performance, might be not so good for logging of chosen
languages (with Cocoon locale) etc.
	2. Build a special "Logging" Action, to be implemented in all
the places I wish to log, which will get some parameters from the
sitemap (i.e. locale ) and will write to a file. Not sure what
implications this will have on performance.
	3. Using the Cocoon logging in some why I cannot really tell.
	4. others ?

	So my question is - Maybe some of you have any ideas, can direct
in in the right way, or have already done this and can share from their
knowledge ?

	Thank you in advance !

Elad Messing
Software Developer