Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by David Van Couvering <da...@vancouvering.com> on 2010/01/13 17:55:51 UTC

GWT app stored and served from CouchDB?

I'm looking at GWT as a way to ease my way from Java-land into
JavaScript-land.

I really like the deployment model of CouchDB - no multiple tiers, no web
server to set up and configure, no hosting site to link up with (besides
cloudant).

So, I am thinking I could push a GWT app (a bunch of HTML, JavaScript and
images) into CouchDB as attachments, and serve the app straight up from
CouchDB.

Before I blithely go down this path, I'd like to ask those of you more
experienced in this world if there are any fundamental issues with doing
this (practical or philosophical).

Thanks in advance,

David

--
David W. Van Couvering

http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidvc
http://davidvancouvering.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/dcouvering

Re: GWT app stored and served from CouchDB?

Posted by David Carns <dc...@gmail.com>.
GWT does not need a servlet container for talking to json, does it?  This
article seems to hold out some hope:

http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/articles/using_gwt_for_json_mashups.html

--
David Carns

Re: GWT app stored and served from CouchDB?

Posted by naren <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Van Couvering <da...@vancouvering.com>.
Well, that's very interesting. I looked at GWT and it looked like it
required server-side Java.  I'll look at your example, thanks!

--

Posted by th...@atns.de.