Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Peter Harrison <pe...@nothingbutnet.co.nz> on 2004/01/02 03:07:35 UTC

Automated Deployment

Hi,

I have read the documentation, and have done a search on both Google and in
the mailing list archive, and can't see a answer, so thought I would ask
here:

I have a client to whom I regularly deploy a web application. They are running
Tomcat. Essentially the client pulls down the latest version from our servers
as a war file, and deploys it directly into the tomcat webapps directory, and
restarts tomcat.

Now I want to add web services via Axis to this deployment. Each time the
application is deployed the original deployment is deleted. What I was hoping
for was a way for wsdd (web service deployment descriptor) files to
automatically register on deployment.

Currently it looks like I will need to manually deploy (or more probably write
a script) to register the web services after each deployment. I was thinking
of just copying the server-config.wsdd file into the war file, but
unfortunatly it appears to contain specific hard coded directories.

Is there any way to automagically deploy wsdd files within a war file?

Regards,

Peter Harrison