Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Luca Telloli <te...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2008/04/16 18:43:18 UTC

Lease expired on open file

Hello everyone,
	I wrote a small application that directly gunzip files from a local
filesystem to an installation of HDFS, writing on a FSDataOutputStream.
Nevertheless, while expanding a very big file, I got this exception:

org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException:
org.apache.hadoop.dfs.LeaseExpiredException: No lease on
/user/luca/testfile File is not open for writing. [Lease.  Holder: 44 46
53 43 6c 69 65 6e 74 5f 2d 31 39 31 34 34 39 36 31 34 30, heldlocks: 0,
pendingcreates: 1]

I wonder what the cause would be for this Exception and if there's a way
  to know the default lease for a file and to possibly prolongate it.

Ciao,
Luca

RE: Lease expired on open file

Posted by Runping Qi <ru...@yahoo-inc.com>.