Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jay Wright <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2004/05/27 23:56:02 UTC

No default type exists for 'pipeline' (2.1.5)

I am running into the following error using Cocoon 2.1.5:

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: No default
type exists for 'pipeline' at file:/C:/code/tech/web/sitemap.xmap

I was following the tutorial on
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/howto/howto-html-pdf-publishing.html and even
added a <component> element to the sitemap.xmap file.  I'll include it here:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">

  <map:components>

   <map:matchers default="wildcard">

     <map:matcher name="wildcard"

               src="org.apache.cocoon.matching.WildcardURIMatcher"/>

     </map:matchers>

  </map:components>

    <!-- define the Cocoon processing pipelines -->

    <map:pipelines>

        <map:pipeline>

            <!-- respond to *.html requests with

                 our docs processed by doc2html.xsl -->

            <map:match pattern="*.html">

                <map:generate src="{1}.xml"/>

                <map:transform src="doc2html.xsl"/>

                <map:serialize type="html"/>

            </map:match>

            <!-- later, respond to *.pdf requests with

                 our docs processed by doc2pdf.xsl -->

            <map:match pattern="*.pdf">

                <map:generate src="{1}.xml"/>

                <map:transform src="doc2pdf.xsl"/>

                <map:serialize type="fo2pdf"/>

            </map:match>

        </map:pipeline>

    </map:pipelines>

</map:sitemap>

Cocoon is deployed on Tomcat 5.0.25 and runs fine.  Even the samples work
without problem, but I can't get this sitemap.xmap file to work correctly.

Any suggestions?  I've looked at the samples and their sitemap.xmap files
look pretty simple, as though the example should work.  Perhaps there's some
other configuration that needs to be set?

Thanks,

Jay