Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Ravindra Singareddy <si...@hotmail.com> on 2019/08/01 23:17:56 UTC

Not able to view mp4 files on iPhone Browsers

Hello,
In our custom Sling Web Application, uploaded mp4 files are able to stream on web browsers. But when view from iPhone web browser not able to stream it.. we are uploading mp4 file using Apache HTTP libraries using Sling REST API. Any help in this regard greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Ravi

Re: Not able to view mp4 files on iPhone Browsers

Posted by Jason E Bailey <ja...@24601.org>.
Hi Ravi,

This is an iPhone issue.  Apples devices are very intermittent with their support of MP4 and if they do support it, they support very specific encodings.

If you were to a web search for 'does safari support mp4 streaming on iphone' you'll see how other teams are impacted the same way.

This isn't a Sling issue.

--
Jason