Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Karl Baum <kb...@tallan.com> on 2003/12/11 17:37:10 UTC

Optimizing large soap object

Hi.  I am running an axis web service which takes and returns a very
large complex bean as an argument.  I use the BeanSerializer to
Serialize the object.  Everything functionally works but the service
runs too slowly for the project requirements.  I am thinking the easiest
way to optimize is to reduce the size of the soap object.  Most of the
time, the majority of the fields in my bean are null.  Is there a way to
tell the BeanSerializer to skip null fields to reduce the size of the
SOAP object?

I am also open to any other suggestions in optimizing the marhsalling
and unmarshalling of this large SOAP object.

Thanks for your help.

Karl