Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Gary W. Smith" <ga...@primeexalia.com> on 2005/01/17 17:35:24 UTC

No subject header then no tag rewrite

I have been getting a couple blank emails lately and looking into the
headers I find that it's clearly marked as spam but the subject hasn't
been rewritten because it doesn't exist in the header.  Is there a way
to force SA to put a subject header in if one doesn't exist?

I browsed around the archives but everything on this subject talks about
writing rules to mark non-subject headers.

Re: No subject header then no tag rewrite

Posted by Andy Jezierski <aj...@stepan.com>.
"Gary W. Smith" <ga...@primeexalia.com> wrote on 01/17/2005 10:35:24 AM:

> I have been getting a couple blank emails lately and looking into
> the headers I find that it’s clearly marked as spam but the subject
> hasn’t been rewritten because it doesn’t exist in the header.  Is
> there a way to force SA to put a subject header in if one doesn’t exist?
> I browsed around the archives but everything on this subject talks
> about writing rules to mark non-subject headers.

I believe 3.0.2 gets around the problem. From the wiki for 3.0.2:

- Deal with 'rewrite_header Subject' markup when no Subject header exists

Andy