Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by The Surprises <th...@attbi.com> on 2002/08/27 19:37:14 UTC

Flaky behavior with modperl module

Greetings,

I am writing a modperl module to create dynamic picture web pages
created from .jpg files in a given directory.  It basically puts a bunch
of pictures on the screen.  I am seeing inconsistent behavior and I
don't know where to look for a solution.  When I load the page, random
pictures don't get loaded.  They're just small boxes on the screen.
Reloading the page will give me another set of random missing pictures.
The server is behind a cable modem and it has a max upload bandwidth of
256kb, so it's kinda slow.  Am I seeing some sort of timeout or
flakiness with my cable modem bandwidth?

Thanks for any help
Jason

Re: Flaky behavior with modperl module

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@oslo.online.no>.
At 19:37 27.08.2002, The Surprises wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>I am writing a modperl module to create dynamic picture web pages
>created from .jpg files in a given directory.  It basically puts a bunch
>of pictures on the screen.  I am seeing inconsistent behavior and I
>don't know where to look for a solution.  When I load the page, random
>pictures don't get loaded.  They're just small boxes on the screen.
>Reloading the page will give me another set of random missing pictures.
>The server is behind a cable modem and it has a max upload bandwidth of
>256kb, so it's kinda slow.  Am I seeing some sort of timeout or
>flakiness with my cable modem bandwidth?

As you don't give a lot of information about your configuration, this is
just a wild guess, but I suppose that your image files get corrupted
somehow, maybe because the directory they reside in is configured to be
served through CGI or Apache::Registry.

Can you fetch the images with a direct URL? Are you sure the URLs are even
correct? Have you checked your error log?

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
pereinar@oslo.online.no