Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stavros Kounis <go...@osmosis.gr> on 2003/06/04 23:02:12 UTC

CVS update

hi people
many time  when i update my cocoon2.1 cvs snapshot
i get build errors

i think that maybe i do something wrong with update

i use checkout option by revision/tag/head : HEAD

is this correct?

i use WinCVS

thnx

--- stavros

Re: CVS update

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Hmm.  This is weird - I've never had to delete the cvs tree.  It would be
hard to believe that build clean is missing something, because it just
deletes the entire build directory IIRC!

I have a feeling that you have some problem with the cvs checkout options
you are using.  Without knowing what error happens in the build, it's hard
to give specific suggestions.  Make sure you enable the "prune" feature.

Geoff

Re: CVS update

Posted by Stavros Kounis <go...@osmosis.gr>.

when i delete entire local cocoon-2.1 folder and checkout a new copy
i have no problem but im behind a ISDN connection so its take a long time
to get me e fresh entire CVS copy ....

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Richard In Public wrote:

> I've been having this problem today.  Eventually I deleted my entire
> cocoon-2.1 folder and checked out a new copy from cvs.  This built fine
> (using the war target).   Perhaps build clean is missing something - I
> ran both build clean and build webapp.
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Hoberman
>
> Geoff Howard wrote:
> > See if you can figure out what cvs command WinCVS is executing.
> > It's been a while, but I think WinCVS can be configured to show
> > you what it's doing.  Files should get cleaned up from your local
> > drive if they have been deleted from the repository - which happens
> > frequently in cocoon when things are moved around.
> >
> > HTH,
> > Geoff
> >
> > At 02:53 AM 6/5/2003, you wrote:
> >

> >> i bluild clean first every time i try to build cocoon
> >>
> >> i have notice that some time after CVS checkout some files are missing
> >> from my local DIR
> >>
> >> but because i dont have ever use CVS clients in the past i'm not sure
> >> if i
> >> do checkout the right way
> >>
> >> --- stavros

Stavros S. Kounis
Development & Research Department
Osmosis - networks & consulting services

web:	http://www.osmosis.gr
email:	info@osmosis.gr

Re: CVS update

Posted by Richard In Public <ed...@blueyonder.co.uk>.

RE: CVS update

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.

RE: CVS update

Posted by Stavros Kounis <go...@osmosis.gr>.

RE: CVS update

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
ah, the message sounded like it was a recurring problem but
I bet you're right.

Geoff

RE: CVS update

RE: CVS update