Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ali Ahsan <al...@panasiangroup.com> on 2011/04/12 13:07:34 UTC

cassandra 0.6.3 error Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1;

Hi All

I have migrated my server to centos 5.5.Every thing is up but facing a
little issue i have two cassandra nodes.

10.0.0.4  cassandra2
10.0.0.3 cassandra1

I am using open jdk with cassandra,We are faing following error when
using nodetool.Only on one server that is cassandra2.Hosts file is also
pasted below.I please let me know how can i fix this issue.

sh  nodetool -h 10.0.0.3  ring
Error connecting to remote JMX agent!
java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1; nested
exception is:

sh  nodetool -h 10.0.0.4  ring
Address       Status     Load
Range                                      Ring

129069858893052904163677015069685590304
10.0.0.3      Up         10.02 GB
104465788091875410298027059042850717029    |<--|
10.0.0.4      Up         9.98 GB
129069858893052904163677015069685590304    |-->|

Hosts file

127.0.0.1        localhost.localdomain localhost
10.0.0.4                cassandra2.pringit.com

#::1        localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6

--
S.Ali Ahsan

Senior System Engineer

e-Business (Pvt) Ltd

49-C Jail Road, Lahore, P.O. Box 676
Lahore 54000, Pakistan

Tel: +92 (0)42 3758 7140 Ext. 128

Mobile: +92 (0)345 831 8769

Fax: +92 (0)42 3758 0027

Email: ali.ahsan@panasiangroup.com

www.ebusiness-pg.com

www.panasiangroup.com

Confidentiality: This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential
and/or privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person
use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.
Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error
or virus-free. We do not accept liability for any errors or omissions.

Re: cassandra 0.6.3 error Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1;

Posted by Ali Ahsan <al...@panasiangroup.com>.
Please any one can

AW: cassandra 0.6.3 error Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1;

Posted by Johannes Hoerle <jo...@yoochoose.com>.
I am not really deep into 0.6.x configuration but what is the listening address in your storage conf?
localhost/127.0.0.1 or maybe the internal/public ip of the host? I think you need to connect to the one defined

johannes

Posted by Sasha Dolgy <sd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ali Ahsan <al...@panasiangroup.com>.

Posted by Sasha Dolgy <sd...@gmail.com>.

sasha.dolgy@gmail.com

Re: cassandra 0.6.3 error Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1;

Posted by Ali Ahsan <al...@panasiangroup.com>.

Posted by Tyler Hobbs <ty...@datastax.com>.
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/JmxGotchas

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 12:20 PM, Ali Ahsan <al...@panasiangroup.com>wrote:

> Any one have solution for this problem ?
>

> On 04/13/2011 05:20 PM, Ali Ahsan wrote:
>
>> I am not running any firewall this physical machine not EC2,I can telnet
>> to port 8080
>>

>>  telnet 127.0.0.1 8080
>> Trying 127.0.0.1...
>> Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
>> Escape character is '^]'.
>>

> --
> S.Ali Ahsan
>
> Senior System Engineer
>
> e-Business (Pvt) Ltd
>
> 49-C Jail Road, Lahore, P.O. Box 676
> Lahore 54000, Pakistan
>
> Tel: +92 (0)42 3758 7140 Ext. 128
>
> Mobile: +92 (0)345 831 8769
>
> Fax: +92 (0)42 3758 0027
>
> Email: ali.ahsan@panasiangroup.com
>

> www.ebusiness-pg.com
>
> www.panasiangroup.com
>
> Confidentiality: This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential
> and/or privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the
> sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person
> use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.
> Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error
> or virus-free. We do not accept liability for any errors or omissions.

--
Tyler Hobbs
Software Engineer, DataStax <http://datastax.com/>
Maintainer of the pycassa <http://github.com/pycassa/pycassa> Cassandra
Python client library

Re: cassandra 0.6.3 error Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1;

Posted by Ali Ahsan <al...@panasiangroup.com>.

Posted by Ali Ahsan <al...@panasiangroup.com>.

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.

Posted by Ali Ahsan <al...@panasiangroup.com>.