Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Pa...@lotus.com on 2001/03/28 23:17:17 UTC

Re: strip whitespace from a document included using xsl:document()

Hi Nick,

First I assume you mean from a document processed with
the XSLT  document() function??

I am seeing a bug with XalanJ 2.0.1,  but not with XalanJ1.2.2.
Just so I fully understand the behavior you're seeing could
you post sample files that illustrate the problem.

Are xsd:complexType, etc  child elements of xsd:schema?

Paul

                    "Nicholas Sushkin"
                    <nick_sushkin@scie        To:     <xa...@xml.apache.org>
                    ntist.com>                cc:     (bcc: Paul Dick/CAM/Lotus)
                                              Subject:     strip whitespace from a document included using xsd:document
                    03/28/2001 02:12          ()
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    xalan-dev

Hi,

I'd like to strip all whitespace from the xml resulting from the following
xsl:

<xsl:strip-space elements="xsd:schema xsd:complexType xsd:sequence
xsd:simpleType"/>
<xsl:copy-of select="document('myschema.xsd')"/>

However, Xalan J1 only strips whitespace from the root element xsd:schema,
not from any subelements. Is there a way to get a completely
whitespace-stripped document?

Thanks,

Nick.