Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andrew Kenna <an...@stamina.com.au> on 2002/04/17 07:40:50 UTC

Redirect Question

I am in the process of changing some web sites from running under unsecure/unstable IIS 5.0 to run under apache, but need to be able to do the following

the web site will be called

web3.stamina.com.au and when someone goes to web3.stamina.com.au/weblynx/ the /weblynx/ directory needs to re-direct back to a windows application hosted on the iis5 server.

I have tried doing a simple ReWrite rule of re-directing /weblynx/ to http://web5.stamina.com.au/weblynx/ but it doesn't work it just stays in the http://web3.stamina.com.au/weblynx directory when I create it on the Linux box

Can someone give me a couple of options I could use for the above scenario

Regards

Andrew

Re: Redirect Question

Posted by Artiom Morozov <ar...@phreaker.net>.
you need either mod_proxy and then set
ProxyPass /weblynx/ http://web5.....

or give "Moved Permanently" to browser with either RedirectPermanent or
RewriteRule with trailing [R] option

îÁ 2002.04.17 08:40 Andrew Kenna ÎÁÐÉÓÁÌ: