Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by vkrejcirik <vk...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/08 19:48:39 UTC

eventListener doesn't work

i have this in my code:

    private ThreadLocal<Session> session = new ThreadLocal<Session>();

    protected Session getSession() throws LoginException,
RepositoryException {
        if (session.get() == null) {
            Session session = repository.login(new
SimpleCredentials("admin", "admin".toCharArray()));

            this.session.set(session);
        }
        return session.get();
    }

ObservationManager observationManager =
getSession().getWorkspace().getObservationManager();
observationManager.addEventListener(eventListener,
Event.PROPERTY_CHANGED, "/content/servicemix/config", true, null, null,
false);

 public class ConfigEventListener implements EventListener {

        public void onEvent(EventIterator event) {

            LOG.debug("event! change configuration");

            try {
                marshaler = getMarshaler();

            } catch (PathNotFoundException e) {
                e.printStackTrace();
            } catch (LoginException e) {
                e.printStackTrace();
            } catch (RepositoryException e) {
                e.printStackTrace();
            }
        }
    }

but if  i change property in /content/servicemix/config node method
onEvent is not called..
Do you know, where can be problem ?
thanks

--
/**************************************/
Best regards / S pozdravem

http://www.vkrejcirik.info

Re: eventListener doesn't work

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
2009/3/8 vkrejcirik <vk...@gmail.com>:
> i have this in my code...

FWIW, the Sling espblog sample includes an event listener, you might
want to compare [1] with your code.

-Bertrand

[1]  https://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/sling/trunk/samples/espblog/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/samples/espblog/internal/ThumbnailGeneratorServiceImpl.java

Re: eventListener doesn't work

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 7:18 PM, vkrejcirik <vk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I change property over POST request, so I can't call save().

The post servlet calls the save() method, of course ;-)

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

Re: eventListener doesn't work

Posted by vkrejcirik <vk...@gmail.com>.
I change property over POST request, so I can't call save().. I try to
send this request to Jackrabbit mailing list.

Best regards / S pozdravem
Vladislav Krejc(ir(ík

http://www.vkrejcirik.info

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.