Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Katt <ka...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/17 16:44:32 UTC

Tomcat 6 64 bits, Java 6 64 bits and -Djava.library.path

Hi all,

I have some strange issues:
Enviroment: Windows 2003 R2 64 bits with Tomcat6 6.0.24 and Java6 1.6.0_20
64bits.
If I have some libraries that need to be loaded at startup so I've added in
catalina.bat: JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Djava.library.path="C:\libs", start
tomcat with startup.bat, everything ok.
After that I've changed service.bat adding at the very end of file:
"%EXECUTABLE%" //US//%SERVICE_NAME% ++JvmOptions
"-Djava.library.path=C:\libs;...", install widnows service: service.bat
install and start tomcat.
Tomcat didn't load libraries from java.library.path.
So, it's working only if I start tomcat from startup.bat but not if I
install it as windows service.
Any sugestions?

Best regards,
Katt

--
Katt

Re: Tomcat 6 64 bits, Java 6 64 bits and -Djava.library.path

Posted by Andrew Bruno <an...@gmail.com>.
Yes, that's true.  You can also use the GUI.

Personally, I like the script, because it can be committed to
repository(SVN, etc), and its easier to replicate and maintain.

AB

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by Andrew Bruno <an...@gmail.com>.
Everything can be set up via service.bat

You should modify this file only.  This way when you install the
service or remove the service, it works gracefully, and all libs,
memory requirements, etc. are recorded in the registry.