Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ritika Agrawal <ri...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/31 14:09:16 UTC

OFBiz eProcurement .

Hello users,

   I've a question, Is OFBIz provide any user interface for eProcurement and
tendering ?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Ritika

Re: OFBiz eProcurement .

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Ritika,

The short answer is... it depends. ;)

Are you looking for a solution for buying or selling (ie what role
does the organization play)? Are you looking for just a user interface
or will you need interfaces with other systems as well? If you need
interfaces to other systems, which systems or standards will you need
work with?

There are quite a few different scenarios supported OOTB in OFBiz, and
various others that are partially supported.

For example if you are trying to support "eprocurement" for business
customers as a supplier then there is good support for letting
customers submit a Request for Quote, then someone in your
organization can prepate a Quote that the customer can see online, and
they can also place an order for Quote online.

There is also general support for other types of requests, agreements
with suppliers and customers to help automate more frequent
transactions, and all sorts of other things.

In short the most correct answer is "it depends", and chances are the
answer is "yes".

-David

Re: OFBiz eProcurement .

Posted by "Michael Xu (xudong)" <do...@wizitsoft.com>.
We are building an eSourcing system based on ofbiz, including RFX,
negotiation, reverse and forward auction modules. Now we are still in the
process of development.

I don't know whether there is a ready-to-go auction engine. What we are
doing is to build it by ourselves.

Michael Xu (xudong)
www.wizitsoft.com | Office: (8610) 6267 0615 ext 806 | Mobile: (86) 135 0135
9807 | Fax: (8610) 62670096

Re: OFBiz eProcurement .

Re: OFBiz eProcurement .

Posted by "Michael Xu (xudong)" <do...@wizitsoft.com>.
hi Ritika,

My company is building a tendering system on top of ofbiz, which will
support RFX, auction and reverse auction. We plan to release the first
version in three months.

Michael Xu (xudong)
www.wizitsoft.com