Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org> on 2021/07/13 06:18:20 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 4.0.0

Proposing the test build of Cassandra 4.0.0 for release.

sha1: 69b8cc5cecc196fddb549f2edf01d962e7ef2dae
Git:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cassandra.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/4.0.0-tentative
Maven Artifacts:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-1241/org/apache/cassandra/cassandra-all/4.0.0/

The Source and Build Artifacts, and the Debian and RPM packages and
repositories, are available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cassandra/4.0.0/

The vote will be open for 72 hours (longer if needed). Everyone who has
tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC members are considered
binding. A vote passes if there are at least three binding +1s and no -1's.

[1]: CHANGES.txt:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cassandra.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGES.txt;hb=refs/tags/4.0.0-tentative
[2]: NEWS.txt:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cassandra.git;a=blob_plain;f=NEWS.txt;hb=refs/tags/4.0.0-tentative

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 4.0.0

Posted by Andrés de la Peña <a....@gmail.com>.
+1 (nb)

Posted by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gary Dusbabek <gd...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Dorian ROSSE <do...@hotmail.fr>.
More 👍🏼

Télécharger Outlook pour Android<https://aka.ms/AAb9ysg>
________________________________

--
you are the apple of my eye !

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 4.0.0

Posted by guo Maxwell <cc...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Benjamin Lerer <bl...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org>.

> Do we support aarch64? If we don’t we should continue with the release; if we do, we should (unfortunately) re-roll.

We do not officially support aarch64. But we are doing a lot more testing on it.

My understanding is we approach it similar to JDK11 support, i.e. we
can mark it as supported in a subsequent patch version as we get
feedback from users.

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache Cassandra 4.0.0

Posted by Ekaterina Dimitrova <e....@gmail.com>.
It seems it is already committed. Thank you Brandon and Aleksey for the
very quick actions!

Posted by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Aleksey Yeshchenko <al...@apple.com.INVALID>.
-1 from me unfortunately because of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-16797 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-16797> being legit (but also beyond trivial to fix).