Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Roland Asmann <Ro...@cfc.at> on 2007/11/05 20:48:02 UTC

Question about the -tag

Hi everybody, I'm back! ;-)

Haven't posted much the last coupe of months, 'cause I fell ill and after that
had to make up a lot of work... But now I'm back and hope to post some more
around here.

To start things of, I have a question about the SCM-tag in the POM. It appears
that sub-modules inherit the SCM-tag from their parent, but if I use the
<tag>-tag (for the version-tag), this is not inherited. Is this intentional
or some sort of bug?

The reason I ask, is that I am referencing the ${scm.tag}-property and only on
the root-project I get the expected result, namely the tag I configured. On
all other projects i get 'HEAD' as a response (which indeed is the default).

So, the real question is, how do I get the configured version into the
sub-modules without defining the scm-configuration in all my modules?

Thanks!

--
Roland Asmann

CFC Informationssysteme Entwicklungsgesellschaft m.b.H
Bäckerstrasse 1/2/7
A-1010 Wien
FN 266155f, Handelsgericht Wien

Tel.: +43/1/513 88 77 - 27