Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org> on 2019/10/13 22:05:59 UTC

[VOTE] Apache POI 4.1.1 release (RC1)

Hi *,

I've prepared artifacts for the release of Apache POI 4.1.1 (RC1).

The most notable changes in this release are:

- XDDF: Improved chart support: more types and some API changes around angles and width units
- updated dependencies to Bouncycastle 1.62, Commons-Codec 1.13, Commons-Collections4 4.4, Commons-Compress 1.19
- XWPF: Additional API methods
- XSSF: Fixes to XSSFSheet.addMergedRegion() and XSSFRow.shiftRows()
- EMF/HSLF: Rendering fixes
+ [the issue discussed in private@]

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/poi/4.1.1-RC1/

This release contains some late changes to HSLF - Please wait for Dominik and Tim to rerun the regression tests.

Later on, please vote to release the artifacts.
The vote keeps open for 72hrs after the regression results are available.
Planned release announcement date is Sunday, 2019-10-20.

Andi

Re: [VOTE] Apache POI 4.1.1 release (RC1)

Posted by PJ Fanning <fa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
 I guess I'd prefer to see r1868460 released.
I did also merge a fix (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk@1868425) but I don't mind if that is left to POI 4.1.2 release.
So my vote is -1.

    On Tuesday 15 October 2019, 12:03:19 GMT+1, Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at> wrote:

 Hi,

Results from regression testing are in, the two cases seem to be solved, no
new ones popped up compared to last weeks run:

  - 4.1.0-RC2 to 4.1.1-RC2
  <http://people.apache.org/~centic/poi_regression/reports/index410RC2to411RC2.html>
  - 4.1.1-RC2-All
  <http://people.apache.org/~centic/poi_regression/reportsAll/index410RC2to411RC2.html>

Dominik.

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

regression-test is running, if it does not fail in-between it should be
done tomorrow.

Ad release-notes: I would additionally list the  memory improvements as
that seems to have quite some effect in some cases. I.e. writing large
.xlsx-files should use much less memory in some cases.

Dominik