Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Bouschen <mb...@apache.org> on 2021/09/21 18:59:16 UTC

JDO TCK Conference Call Wednesday September 22 11:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)

Hi,

We will have our regular meeting Wednesday September 22 11:30 AM Pacific
Daylight Time (PDT) to discuss JDO TCK issues and status.

We use the following dial-in for audio and video. You need a Skype
account to join.
https://join.skype.com/lKWOxZDu2O5U

Agenda:
1. JDO-795 "Publishing the 3.2
specification"https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/JDO/issues/JDO-795
2. Issues with Fix Version
JDO-3.2https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20JDO%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%22JDO%203.2%22
3. Release Policy Updates
4. JDO 3.1: Need to go through change lists in JIRA for 3.1 RC1 and 3.1
to prepare JCP Change Log
5. Other issues

Action Items from weeks

[Sep 09 2021 ]AI Tobias pick a sample chapter to get an idea how much
work it is to migrate specification to LaTeX
[Aug 05 2021] AI Craig contact JCP governance mavens
[Mar 25 2021] AI Craig: investigate "merging" papajdo and apache.clr
accounts
[Jan 07 2021] AI Craig update to add workflow for contributions and
preview of changes.
[Oct 30 2015] AI Craig: File a maintenance review with JCP
[Apr 17 2015] AI Craig: Oracle spec page on JDO need to be updated once
the JCP Maintenance Release for JDO 3.1 is published
[Oct 17 2014] AI Matthew any updates for "Modify specification to
address NoSQL datastores":https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-651?
[Aug 24 2012] AI Craig update the JIRAs JDO-689 JDO-690 and JDO-692
about JDOHelper methods.

Regards Michael

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Wednesday September 22 11:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Tilmann Zäschke, Tobias Bouschen, Craig Russell

Next meeting: Thursday September 30 11:00 Pacific

Agenda:
1. JDO-795 "Publishing the 3.2 specification" https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/JDO/issues/JDO-795

Look at index entries for hollow, JDO Identity, enhancer, fetch groups, getPersistenceManager, optimistic transaction, persistence capable, persistence manager, persistence manager factory, transient, transaction.

2. Issues with Fix Version JDO-3.2 https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20JDO%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%22JDO%203.2%22

3. Release Policy Updates

4. JDO 3.1: Need to go through change lists in JIRA for 3.1 RC1 and 3.1 to prepare JCP Change Log. We now have an updated AppC Changes that can be used to easily generate the JCP change log.

5. Other issues

With the completion of the specification and the change log the Specification Lead has enough information to file for the release of JSR 243 via the JCP process.

Appendix A References refers to quite old EJB, JTA, J2EE specifications. Are these the best references?

Yes, until we have a volunteer to check further.

Action Items from weeks past:

[Sep 09 2021 ]AI Tobias pick a sample chapter to get an idea how much work it is to migrate specification to LaTeX
[Aug 05 2021] AI Craig contact JCP governance mavens
[Mar 25 2021] AI Craig: investigate "merging" papajdo and apache.clr accounts
[Jan 07 2021] AI Craig update to add workflow for contributions and preview of changes.
[Oct 30 2015] AI Craig: File a maintenance review with JCP
[Apr 17 2015] AI Craig: Oracle spec page on JDO need to be updated once the JCP Maintenance Release for JDO 3.1 is published
[Oct 17 2014] AI Matthew any updates for "Modify specification to address NoSQL datastores":https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-651?
[Aug 24 2012] AI Craig update the JIRAs JDO-689 JDO-690 and JDO-692 about JDOHelper methods.

Regards Michael

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org