Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jamie Tsao <jt...@atinera.com> on 2001/06/15 23:06:28 UTC

struts-form.tld ??

Hi,

I noticed that there's a "struts-form.tld" tag library descriptor as
part of the struts distribution.  What is this for ?  The struts site
only has documentation for four tag libraries, struts-bean.tld,
struts-html.tld, struts-template.tld, and struts-logic.tld.  I looked at
the contents and they seem identical to the form tags in
struts-html.tld.  why the duplicates ?  anyone ?

thanks,

jamie

Re: struts-form.tld ??

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
When the original Struts tag library was split into four (after version
0.5), the one containing input form stuff was named "struts-form.tld".  It
became clear later on that "struts-html.tld" is a much better name, so the
library was changed.  The old struts-form.tld was retained (through
version 1.0) for backwards compatibility, but it's been deprecated.

Craig McClanahan