Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by EngR H <h_...@yahoo.com> on 2004/12/01 08:39:02 UTC

Re: WCK: A Question

Thanz Oliver for the reply! :)

Well, the symptoms are that when I try to create an item to my CMS through the webdav servlet, an item is added by name not by Id so that when i open it, my CMS complains that the id is not valid, (cos the diplay name is passed istead of the id) that's why i need to know how to change the item url to show the id instead of the name?? should I issue a refresh, (so that my CMS reads the items by ID and set the label as the diplay name as needed) ?? or is there another way??

Thanx alot!
Rony

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hmmm, still a little bit confusing to me. I understand that
createResource is called with a specifc path is called, but you store
an id instead, right? So, the problem seems to be that the *client*
still tries to find that file by the oringal name as it has got no
idea of your change. I suppose after you issue a refresh in the client
everything works ok?

If this is your scenario there isn't pretty much you can do as you can
not force the client to refresh. Maybe mapping the original path to
your id would be the only solution...

Oliver