Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Giuliani Sanches <gi...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/05 12:49:33 UTC

Small applets on demand

Hi,

I have made some examples using pivot, but everything inside one "big"
(not so big) jar.

I want to know if it's possible to work with applets like modules
loaded on demand. Example:

My main app with the menu is the 1 (and first) jar do be loaded.

I want to have some other applets for a set of features (sometimes a
small feature like a simple dialog) wich will be loaded on the frist
use.

Thank you.

--
Giuliani Sanches
twitter.com/giulianisanches

Como elaborar uma pergunta:
http://www.istf.com.br/perguntas/

Re: Small applets on demand

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
You shouldn't need to split your application up into multiple applets to get this behavior. The default classloader should simply load your classes on demand. In other words, the JAR that contains a given class or set of classes won't be loaded until it is actually needed. I believe there is an applet parameter to control this behavior (either load all JARs up front or load them on-demand) but I don't remember what it is at the moment.