Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by arnaud le roy <sd...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/22 11:38:07 UTC

[TOMCAT 7] ErrorReport Vavle showError attribute not used ?

Hello,

i try to disable stack trace on my tomcat 7.52 server, i found on the
doc that i can do it by configure an errorReportValve class and put
showError attribute to false.

so i add this line in the good part of server.xml

<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve"
showReport="false" showServerInfo="false" />

but it get also the stack trace on server 500 errors.

i do something wrong ?

ps :

i lok quickly the code of the class and it seems that it don't test
these attributes showReport and showserverinfo.

Re: [TOMCAT 7] ErrorReport Vavle showError attribute not used ?

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
> Hello,
>
> i try to disable stack trace on my tomcat 7.52 server, i found on the doc
> that i can do it by configure an errorReportValve class and put showError
> attribute to false.
>
> so i add this line in the good part of server.xml
>
> <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve"
> showReport="false" showServerInfo="false" />
>
> but it get also the stack trace on server 500 errors.
>
> i do something wrong ?
>
> ps :
>
> i lok quickly the code of the class and it seems that it don't test these
> attributes showReport and showserverinfo.

Online documentation is for the latest released version (7.0.54).

Documentation for your version is included with it (webapps/docs).

The feature that you are looking for is in 7.0.54 onwards (see 56383
in changelog file).