Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Kelson <ke...@speed.net> on 2006/01/20 18:19:29 UTC

Re: Image-only stock spam -- nice try!

I received a whole batch of these this morning -- with a different style
of image!  Instead of a rotated screenshot from a plain-text doc, these
are screenshots of a fomatted pitch with bold, colors, etc. and a little
bit of noise applied -- not enough to interfere with any OCR I've ever
used, just a light dusting of random pixels, maybe 10 per 100x100 square
-- and a couple of words so that it's not just the image.

Not that it's helped them much.  Here's the lowest-scoring one of the bunch:

Message scored 7.2 points, 5.0 required;
*  1.1 EXTRA_MPART_TYPE Header has extraneous Content-type:...type= entry
*  0.8 DATE_IN_PAST_06_12 Date: is 6 to 12 hours before Received: date
*  2.0 BAYES_80 BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 80 to 95%
*      [score: 0.8452]
*  0.1 HTML_90_100 BODY: Message is 90% to 100% HTML
*  0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
*  3.1 HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_08 BODY: HTML: images with 400-800 bytes of words

Some of the higher-scoring spams had some SORBS hits, and one actually
tripped Pyzor.

--
Kelson Vibber