Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Seif Eddine Jemli <se...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/05 20:44:10 UTC

Building on Cloudstack

Hi,

I am working on a project using Cloudstack.
I'll need to implement a scheduler to control the virtual machines
generated by Cloudstack.* (in fact, the project is about parallel calculus
on different virtual machines).*

So, it seems that i have to use the Cloudstack API.

i wanted to ask for some tips and reading material to help a computer
science student in his project.

Any example of source code would be helpful.

thanks in advance.

Re: Building on Cloudstack

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 08:50:04PM +0100, Seif Eddine Jemli wrote:
> I prefer JAVA. thanks :)

Then I highly recommend checking out jclouds as your API wrapper.  It
support CloudStack.

Re: Building on Cloudstack

Posted by Seif Eddine Jemli <se...@gmail.com>.
I prefer JAVA. thanks :)

Re: Building on Cloudstack

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 08:44:10PM +0100, Seif Eddine Jemli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on a project using Cloudstack.
> I'll need to implement a scheduler to control the virtual machines
> generated by Cloudstack.* (in fact, the project is about parallel calculus
> on different virtual machines).*
>
> So, it seems that i have to use the Cloudstack API.
>
> i wanted to ask for some tips and reading material to help a computer
> science student in his project.
>
> Any example of source code would be helpful.
>
> thanks in advance.

There are lots of language bindings available to make it easier to get
started.  What language do you prefer?