Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Utkarsh Gupta <Ut...@infosys.com> on 2012/05/03 08:25:24 UTC

Problem Running org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.item.RecommenderJob on Hadoop

Hi All,

I am new to Mahout and I am currently reading Mahout in Action.
I was trying to run the RecommenderJob as explained in chapter 6 of this book with Wikipedia data set, but the input format of the data is not as desired.
I found this here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9532538/trouble-running-recommenderjob-on-hadoop/9540642#9540642
Can anyone help me what format data should be in input file ?
The current format is :

9: 3 74106 75221 275656 313376 1279972 1565872 1613838 1997564 2640650 3092827 3491412 3492254 3956845 3973207 4025897 4189168 4189215 4813259

Thanks and Regards
Utkarsh Gupta

Infosys e-mail system.

RE: Problem Running org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.item.RecommenderJob on Hadoop

Posted by Utkarsh Gupta <Ut...@infosys.com>.
Thanks Sean i will do that with a string processing command
The format is always "user,item,pref" -- I think it makes that pretty clear.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.