Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Marko Asplund <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/08 14:48:05 UTC

proton-j connection to ActiveMQ 5.8 fails

Hi,

I'm having trouble connecting to ActiveMQ using QPid AMQP Protocol Engine
0.5.
When I run the unmodified org.apache.qpid.proton.example.Send example class
I get the following error:

[DEBUG] Setting accessibility to true in order to invoke main().
Oct 08, 2013 3:41:32 PM org.apache.qpid.proton.driver.impl.DriverImpl doWait
SEVERE: Exception when waiting for IO Event
java.io.IOException: Invalid argument
at sun.nio.ch.KQueueArrayWrapper.kevent0(Native Method)
at sun.nio.ch.KQueueArrayWrapper.poll(KQueueArrayWrapper.java:200)
 at sun.nio.ch.KQueueSelectorImpl.doSelect(KQueueSelectorImpl.java:103)
at sun.nio.ch.SelectorImpl.lockAndDoSelect(SelectorImpl.java:87)
 at sun.nio.ch.SelectorImpl.select(SelectorImpl.java:98)
at org.apache.qpid.proton.driver.impl.DriverImpl.doWait(DriverImpl.java:83)

On the ActiveMQ 5.8.0 server side it seems like the client terminates the
connection abruptly for some reason:

2013-10-08 15:35:51,322 | WARN  | Transport Connection to: tcp://
127.0.0.1:54709 failed: java.io.EOFException |
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.Transport | ActiveMQ
Transport: tcp:///127.0.0.1:54709@5672

Any ideas what's going wrong?

I'm running the example class with the following arguments:
-a amqp://127.0.0.1/test -s foo bar

marko

Re: proton-j connection to ActiveMQ 5.8 fails

Posted by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu>.
FYI, we recently fixed a possibly related OSX issue. It might be worth a
try to see if you're still having the same issue on trunk.

--Rafael