Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Ashish Pandey <as...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2019/06/22 09:43:08 UTC

Purpose of invoice reference number

Hello Devs,

Currently, we have support to create manual invoice from the Invoice screen
and after that, we can update the reference number for an invoice from the
update screen. The same reference number can be assigned to multiple
invoices.

I was wondering about the purpose of the reference number for the invoice,
Shouldn't reference number be unique for each invoice?

Please share your thoughts on this. Thank you!

--
Kind Regards,
Ashish Pandey

*HotWax Systems*
*Enterprise open source experts*
cell: +91-9172388455
office: 0731-409-3684
http://www.hotwaxsystems.com

Re: Purpose of invoice reference number

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Yes in OFBiz the reference number concept is different from the invoice Id which must be unique

Other systems use the same, eg https://learn.kometsales.com/display/public/KB/Adding+a+reference+number+to+an+invoice where several invoices can use
the same ref #

HTH

Jacques